Melinda was admitted as a solicitor in 1998 and attained Specialist Accreditation in Family Law in 2003. She has extensive experience in the practice of family law, having worked exclusively in that area for over 17 years. Melinda became a Partner of the firm in 2011. Melinda regularly presents papers at legal conferences throughout Australia.
Melinda has experience in a wide variety of family law matters including property, spouse maintenance, child support, international child abduction and complex parenting cases. Melinda’s wealth of experience allows her to approach all aspects of her practice with a view to achieving the best possible outcome for clients either through mediation or litigation.
Bachelor of Laws
Accredited Specialist – Family Law (NSW)
Admitted to practice in the NSW Supreme Court
Admitted to practice in the High Court of Australia
The Law Society of New South Wales
The Law Council of Australia – Family Law Section
- Author – Pre-Nuptial Agreements: Do’s & Don’ts – Or Maybe Just Don’t
- Author – Binding Child Support Agreements: Exceptional or Inflexible?
- Author – Financial Agreements – Why Practitioners should “Beware”
- “Financial Agreements: Why Practitioners should “Beware”, 2011
- “Pre-Nuptial Agreements: Do’s & Don’ts – Or Maybe Just Don’t” presented at the Gold Coast Annual Family Law Conference, 2012
- “Financial and Life Planning – A Family Law Perspective”, 2013
- “The Do’s and Don’ts of Pre-Nuptial Agreements” presented at the Young Lawyers Family Law Day, 2013
- “Overview in Family Law”, 2013
- “Stanford and the High Court” presented by Paul Doolan and Melinda Winning, Hunter Valley Family Law Practitioners Association, 2013
- “Binding Child Support Agreements: Exceptional or Inflexible?” presented at the Melbourne Family Law Intensive, 2014
- “Interactive Property Session” presented at the Sydney Family Law Conference, 2014